Sunday 14 July 2013

{Kids} A party fit for a Birthday boy!

It seems like such a long time since I last posted... I have had such a busy time lately, but school is finally of for my eldest and summer has arrived in London.



One of the many things in the diary in the past few weeks was my boy's 2nd birthday. Last weekend, my baby boy turned 2! Since he is a July baby, a picnic in our local park was obligatory, and will be for years to come. We were very lucky with the weather, as summer decided to arrive just in time for the party.



The first thing we did, was the all important Birthday walk! It is a tradition that my daughter's school has started for us, and I love it! Every year, we make a poster for the Birthday person through the years. It is a great way to see how baby has changed: newborn to 2 years old.


After a long breakfast at home, we took the party to our local park, where many of our friends came to celebrate with us. I loved chatting to everyone and catching up over a glass of wine and some cherries.

The birthday boy was so happy with the celebrations and all his amazing presents. Thank you all for coming and helping us celebrate in style!


Here are a few of my ideas for the party:
1. Healthy Bento boxes: a hit with both parents and kids.


Rue du chat qui peche | Party bento box | Birthday kids

Rue du chat qui peche | Bento box ideas | kids party

Rue du chat qui peche | Party | Bento box | kids birthday



2. Brownie tower, decorated with icing sugar, colourful sprinkles and Legos. He loved blowing the candles so much, we had to do it 3 times!

Rue du chat qui peche | Party | Brownies | Birthday

3. Potted succulents as party favours, since the birthday boy is a keen gardener these days.

Rue du chat qui peche | Party favours | potted plants


Jad was so happy with the celebrations and all his amazing presents. Thank you all for coming and helping us celebrate in style!

There are so many cute ideas that you can find these days to make your child's party a little bit more personal and crafty. Check out my Pinterest board on Parties for my selection of more great Party ideas.


Has anyone been planning birthday parties recently? I'd love to hear some more ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think

Pin It button on image hover