Sunday 24 February 2013

{Kids} Wooden Lego blocks by Mokurokku

Lego was pretty much the only toy that lasted all through my childhood, spending precious hours playing with them. The 40s toy is enjoying a revival via the Japanese firm  Mokurokku and their wooden lego blocks. Each box contains 50 bricks (2x4) and I think they might even be compatible with regular Lego blocks. I'd love to see a combination of the colourful ones and the wooden ones together.


Wooden Lego blocks by Mokurokku

I could take this opportunity to have a go at Lego for their gender specific marketing with the Lego Friends range. In my days, Legos for girls were called Legos... Yellow, red, blue! 

I might have in the past, but it is only since we introduced the pink bricks into our home that my daughter has taken a keen interest in building with the little bricks. 

We now have a huge collection, since we have all of Nico's ones from his childhood, as well as many from the new friends range. Her most recent constructions have included a space ship, a pen holder & a 2 storey house for her Moshi Monsters.


Wooden Lego blocks by Mokurokku

Wooden Lego blocks by Mokurokku
VIA Highsnob

3 comments:

  1. Hey there
    Just popping over from Adventures at Home. Thanks for sharing your blog-post there. I haven't done the whole guest-blog thing yet - but maybe that's something I should look in to! (I definitely see potential in us linking up somehow)

    I love your blog - and really interested in these wooden Lego bricks. Gorgeous. We have a LOT of Lego in our house (pink bricks included) - I just wish they'd put pink bricks in the traditional sets (no that there are many of those these days) but making pink more available to Boys and Girls; taking away its power as a contentious colour. My little boy loves pink! I'm not a fan of the Lego Friends stuff either. I won't rant on about it here though.
    Looking forward to reading more of your stuff. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia,
    Thank you for the heads up! Guest blogging sounds good to me too... I am new at the blogging game, but I am really enjoying it.
    They should definitely incorporate oink as a standard color! My baby boy, loves taking his sister's pink buggy out to the park or a stroll, so definitely in touch with his feminine side.
    Read you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another important aspect of board games is that they typically require more than one player. This will help to teach children how to interact with others and work to achieve goals. Building social skills is just as important in life as educational skills. Learning how to communicate and interact with others is an important part of childhood and should be encouraged as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think

Pin It button on image hover