Thursday 28 February 2013

{Collection} Têtes de bergères

My parents in law are visiting and I am getting on with helping designing their future home in the south of France. We are all so excited about the project. It is a great house/ruin in the centre of the town of Uzès. They bought the house almost 3 years ago and works have finally started... Yippee!

{Collection} Tête de bergères

Today we have been obsessing about specifying ironmongery... In French! Although french is my mother tongue, it has been interesting trying to translate hinges, bolts, escutcheons...
The cutest thing I have come across in my research were these shutter fasteners often used in France called "Tête de bergère". They use them to hold shutters in place to stop them hitting the walls when they are open. Like a sort of window guardian. 
Cute aren't they?


{Collection} Tête de bergères{Collection} Tête de bergères

 {Collection} Tête de bergères

{Collection} Tête de bergères

{Collection} Tête de bergères

If you are interested in the renovation/restoration process, I can give more details in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think

Pin It button on image hover